A blog about my love for travel, food and fashion.

Tuesday 19 June 2018

Italy lookbook

Today I am coming at you guys with something different from my usual posts...an Italian lookbook ranging from a variety of outfits and style inspiration. As an individual who seeks to dress modestly whilst trying to look relatively stylish proves to be challenging due to little modest inspiration that is out there. So with further ado I present you modest influence. Alongside my looks I will incorporate my friends outfits for those who have diverse style than mine and hope to take fashion insight from them.

1. Milan


Summer prints are a staple in virtually everyones wardrobe and is a definite must have piece to wear on your summer holidays. My trousers I have had for years and originally they were palazzo trousers but I decided to turn them up and turn them into culottes (with the help of my grandma of course). I paired my topshop trousers with a simple white top from primark as I wanted the summery print to stand out and take all the limelight. Prior to my holiday I had been looking for the perfect sandal to take on holiday that would match all my outfits and I happened to find that pair in H&M for £13. I just loved the overlapping shoe detail and of course the versatile colour. In terms of accessories I coordinated a small pink across the body bag from topshop that really highlighted the pink detailing  from my trousers.


In this picture you can see the detailing of my necklace of choice better. This particular necklace from Cath Kidston was the perfect accessory adding an element of vibrancy and generally tying in together all the colours of the outfit.


Now we all know that the all white look is the most hardest outfits to pull off but my friend pulled this off so effortlessly, creating a crisp yet a minimalistic look. The off the shoulder top from misguided at £12 is such a flattering piece and with the flared arms adds an extra pizzazz to such a simple outfit. The trousers and shoes were sourced from Primark costing a grand total of £15 for the two items. Yes, I know what all your thinking...all these pieces from Primark?! I was just as shocked as you but clearly they have some outstanding items in their summer collection. Lastly, the white clutch completing the outfit from New look came with a cheap price tag of £16 indicating that you can buy an affordable outfit that is fitting for the fashion capital of Italy.


This outfit follows a similar pattern as the one above but this time has a splash of colour breaking up the palate of creams and white.


2. Venice


Stripes are a necessity in everyones wardrobe as it is so easy to style and chuck together in any situation whether that may be on holiday, casually or formally. The stripey Zara find was the perfect length for me whilst fitting me like a glove. I paired it with a white sheer shirt (which you can find literally anywhere) however undid the top few buttons giving it a more relaxed look.


Here you can see my necklace in greater aspect with the integrated blue tones that complimented the blue in my skirt. My go to pair of sunglasses were the round raybans again providing that versatile function for every outfit that I wore.


This pink on pink look encompasses a dress, a piece yet again from Primark. The dress entails florals which again is a print that you can not go wrong with at any time of the year especially the summer. The V neck adds a more flattering touch to the neck and chest giving it an overall perfect fit.


The floral theme continues with this relaxed floral kimono which adds an extra layer of pattern to the outfit. Due to the hot weather you can opt to wear this outfit with or without the kimono. The choice of accessory here was a bright pink side bag adding an aspect of colour brightening up the outfit. This particular outfit is more dressed down with the Primark dupe of converses bringing an element of comfort.


In this shot you are more able to see the lace texture of the bralet paired with navy blue culottes. This outfit proves that it can be dressed down or dressed up depending on the function.


3. Genoa


It was a personal goal of mine to combine more colour into my summer wardrobe and I instantly fell in love with this full length dress from Zara. Although it was £40 (considering I am a person who solely shops in sales) it was definitely an investment piece that is versatile to day or night wear. This dress for sure left me feeling like a sunflower and was the most flattering tone of yellow on my skin colour. In this case I have used my side bag as a clutch providing a multi functional purpose.


This pop of pink in the wide legged trousers is a stand out piece demonstrating a more bold look which can be worn on evenings out, on holiday or to a fancy dinner. Because of the sheer brightness of the trousers it is best to pair it with any form of a white top to balance the colours and ultimately let the pink take the stage.


The last look of the trip is this playful playsuit which is a deep burnt orange in colour and is an excellent beach outfit to get your tan on (that is if you haven't brought appropriate beach attire). it is such an easy throw on piece making this literally an effortless outfit. 

Clothing links:
H&M sandals: http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0581228002.html
Dupes of both pink side bags: https://shop.mango.com/gb/women/bags-shoulder-bags/chain-leather-bag_23053024.html?c=81&n=1&s=accesorios.accesorio;40,340,440
https://shop.mango.com/gb/women/bags-shoulder-bags/pebbled-cross-body-bag_23060420.html?c=85&n=1&s=accesorios.accesorio;40,340,440
Pink trouser dupes: https://shop.mango.com/gb/women/trousers-loose/straight-linen-blend-trousers_23083023.html?c=85&n=1&s=prendas.familia;26,326
White trouser dupes: https://shop.mango.com/gb/women/trousers-straight/drawstring-flowy-trousers_23033597.html?c=01&n=1&s=prendas.familia;26,326
https://www.zara.com/uk/en/flowing-trousers-p02539745.html?v1=6162489&v2=719022
H&M floral kimono: http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0552904009.html
White clutch bag dupes: https://shop.mango.com/gb/women/bags-handbags/metallic-handle-shoulder-bag_23025668.html?c=01&n=1&s=accesorios.accesorio;40,340,440
Red off the shoulder top: http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0648173002.html


If you wish to see more of our holiday pictures follow us on our instagrams: _davinderkaurr, tanyakk__, amankv
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig