A blog about my love for travel, food and fashion.

Saturday 2 June 2018

Indico

As you may know I am OBSESSED with Indian street food that's why I have to dedicate a whole blogpost to Indico. If you truly appreciate delicious Indian street food and Bollywood/authentic Indian decor then this is the place for you to eat. For me Indico has been one of those places that have been on my food list for so long (food lists are revolutionary, you all need one) and was pretty excited to visit. Indico is located in Solihull hidden behind a few other restaurants situated next to the Asda. So if you see the Asda you are definitely in the right place.


As soon as I sat down I was blown away by the decor, art and the vibrant colours that reminded me of India. Before you knew it, my phone was whipped out capturing as much of the artistic beauty of the restaurant. I can hand on heart say that I have never visited such a dynamically decorated restaurant, all the more making my lunching experience more worthwhile.





Not only is the decor one of my favourite things about Indico but their lunch time menu which is between 12pm-5pm has happy hour on the cocktails/mocktails thereby two mocktails costing you £4.50 (bargain alert). The one on the left was soda shikanji which was almost like a mojito with a masala twist and the one of the right being the Jaipur passion one of the tastiest drinks I have ever had. 


Food glorious food. How amazing does this display of food look? I can conclude that the food was definitely as incredible as the decor. Some of my favourites from this spread were the chole bature which was £6.50 (such a generous portion as well), the masala fries (however I do wish there was more fries within the serving), the pani puri and the aloo tikki. 


Another Indian fact for you: I'm not a fan of kulfi. So you must all be thinking what am I doing with a kulfi in my hand if I don't like them? I decided that although I am not the biggest fan of them I couldn't leave the place without having a traditional Indian desert and surprisingly it wasn't so bad. 


Overall I would really recommend trying out Indico as it has student friendly prices, mind blowing interior design and great food. The service was just as great making my lunch experience totally worth it. I want to give a huge thank you to Indico for hosting me and I look forward to being back here soon.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig