A blog about my love for travel, food and fashion.

Thursday 21 February 2019

Birmingham's best oriental restaurants




For those who know me, you all know that oriental food is the way to my heart. For the longest time now most of my food cravings 99% of the time is oriental. So I thought why not put together a little food guide compiling all my favourite oriental restaurants in Birmingham. 

1. Siamais, Brindley Place 





Siamais is a great dinner restaurant and therefore a great place to get dressed up for. Siamais has a beautiful flower installation with a swinging chair and is the perfect place to get those all important pictures making Siamais quite a picturesque restaurant. From a vegetarian's perspective there are not many options however the two that I have previously enjoyed are the stir fried tofu with snake bean and tofu with Choo Chee paste. Each dish has a very distinctive flavour with the right amount of spice. With each dish costing £9.95 you can't go wrong especially with the generous amount of tofu they give. 

2. Sabai Sabai 



Sabai Sabai has three restaurants in the West Midlands one being in central Birmingham the other being in Harborne and one lastly in Stratford Upon Avon . Personally over the two locations that I have attended I would recommend going to the Harborne one due to the restaurant itself being larger therefore it's able to accommodate larger group bookings. Again I would only go to Sabai Sabai for dinner only because the dishes are a little bit more pricey averaging around £12.45 per dish. Nonetheless, the vegetarian options are ENDLESS and is this is what I love about Sabai Sabai, as any dish can be turned vegetarian by simply adding the tofu option. 

3. Cafe Soya 


Cafe soya is my ALL time favourite oriental restaurant and 99% of the time is my go to place to get food. It's combination of being super super affordable and ridiculously tasty with an endless vegetarian/vegan menu is a win win for me. So for those who are constantly craving (like myself)  GOOD vegetarian Chinese food this is definitely the place for you. Situated in the Birmingham Arcadian it has a variety of mock dishes such as duck, lamb, fish and chicken thereby satisfying your tastebuds. An average dish would cost between £7-8 which is definitely a bargain especially when the portions are very generous. I can hand on heart say that cafe soya has never failed me so its safe to say this place needs to be added to your food lists!

4. Rofuto 



Rofuto, a restaurant within the Park Regis Birmingham sits on the last level of the hotel giving you panoramic views of the city is more on the expensive side of oriental dining. In this case I would recommend going for a special occasion giving you that all important opportunity to dress up and relishing in more expensive dishes. From a vegetarian perspective I would advise ordering a few dishes to share that way you get to taste majority of the menu. From what I can remember the food was tasty, the atmosphere was lively and the service was AMAZING. 

5. Chung Ying



For the longest time I had Chung Ying patiently on my food list waiting to get ticked off and it so happened that I arrived at the perfect time to claim my 20% off dim sum. The offer is anytime between 12-5pm Monday - Saturday. Ching Ying is famously known to have the largest dim sum menu and it certainly did not disappoint. I never got round to tasting any of the mains (which gives me an excuse to go again) but if your in the mood for dim sum this is the place and again really affordable on the pocket like most oriental restaurants in Birmingham.

6. Buddha Belly - Digbeth Dining Club 


Although Buddha Belly is not a restaurant they serve the BEST mock chicken covered in a peanut sauce with rice from their stand at Digbeth Dining Club. The mock chicken tasted so 'meaty' that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between actual or mock chicken. As of this year buddha belly is a permeant trader at Digbeth Dining Club meaning that you can feast on their dishes Thursday-Sunday every week. As a vegetarian I would highly recommend visiting Digbeth Dining club on a Thursday as that's a day they dedicate to all vegetarian and vegan food stalls. Not only was this Thai dish delicious but the atmosphere was UNBEATABLE with lively upbeat music playing in the background. 

7. Tattu


Now everyone must have heard about Tattu, it's literally talk of the town. A brand new fine dining underground oriental restaurant has opened its door to the city of Birmingham and we could not be more excited. There was so much buzz around this restaurant that I had to visit. As soon as your inside you no longer feel like your in Birmingham but instead feel like your in a restaurant that's worthy enough to be in London. Every corner was so picturesque that I couldn't stop snapping away.





The starters were beautiful and although the vegetarian menu wasn't that extensive the starters had left a long lasting impression on me. Following on with the mains I would 100% recommend getting the mock chicken dish which was much much better than the mushroom hotpot (don't bother wasting your time or money with that one). Overall my dining experience at Tattu was pleasant with the starters winning a place in my heart (or more like my stomach). In terms of expense, Tattu was reasonably priced and totalled to £34 per person which included a mocktail, various starters and mains.

8. Pho



Last but not least we have Pho offering up their finest Vietnamese food. Pho is literally another go to place where I indulge in my version of comfort food. My go to dish is the tofu Ca ri (I've had it so many times that I've never sampled the rest of the menu...thats how tasty it is). The ca ri is so rich in flavour that I never get sick of it. Located in Grand Central overlooking the train station the restaurant provides a busy yet lively atmosphere and is the perfect place to have some lunch and people watch (please tell me that I can't be the only one who does this). Price wise the tofu ca ri is priced at around £10 (not your cheapest lunch time dish but it's reasonable...in my eyes anyways).


And that's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed reading my Birmingham oriental restaurant guide and I still have so many that I want to get ticked off my food list so I will soon be back with a part 2 :)

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig