A blog about my love for travel, food and fashion.

Saturday 21 April 2018

Indian street food in Birmingham

Now the first question you must all be thinking is do I not get enough Indian food at home? And the answer is, ironically I do but nothing beats going out for an Indian to feast on some okra fries and some gol gappeh (which are the very things that I am desperately deprived of at home.) I'll be sharing with you my three favourite restaurants, location and of course the most important part the price, especially when you are on a budget...or in other words a student.


Lets start off with Zindiya Streatery and Bar which is located the furthest pinpointed in Mosley. This was the first ever place where I was able to experience Indian street food and boy was I amazed. I was completely taken away with it's interior and was one of the predominant factors that lead me here. Lets just say the interior is very 'instagramable' and leave it right at that. Although situated the furthest, hand on heart it is definitely worth the trip there.


They even had Limca on their menu which made me feel like I was transported back on the streets of India that tiny bit more. *Lets cheers to that*




The food was deeeelicous and is a perfect place to try a bit of everything as all dishes are perfect for sharing and are extremely filling. However some of the food was on the spicy side but that's personally me who has zero tolerance to spice and find black pepper a kick to the throat. (Yes as rare as it sounds there are Indian's that can not hack spice that exist.) And to top it all off the food was reasonably priced and doesn't amount to much when sharing portions with your friends.


The next popular place that had been on my food list for a very loooong time was the Indian Brewery located in the heart of Birmingham, Snow Hill. With this place being more accessible than Zindiya there is no excuse but to come and see what the fuss is all about.



 There is no doubt that Indian food is very colourful and most significantly flavoursome and this is exactly what Indian Brewery was all about. The food was aesthetically pleasing to a point where I did  not want to ruin the presentation but that didn't stop me. The way the seating works at the Indian Brewery is that you take a seat wherever you fancy on a bench (exactly the same concept as Wagamamas) and you order at the till as opposed to being placed at a table where a waiter/waitress takes your order from you. In terms of the price it does not vary from Zindiya's, making it reasonably priced; again perfect for sharing allowing you to dabble in a range of dishes.


Last but not least Chaii Wala, which is dotted all around the country but the closest one to me was Soho road making it a fantastic get away place when you need to take a break from all that suit shopping.


Service was incredibly fast and the food although lacking those prominent flavours that were seen in Zindiya's and the Indian Brewery the food was still appetising. Famously known for its karak chaii, I was reluctant to try it as I am sadly not the biggest fan of Indian tea. (Yes, yes I know what your all thinking.) But to my very surprise I enjoyed my little cup of chaii...after filling it up with 7 brown sugars.
In comparison for all you money savvy individuals Chaii Wala was the cheapest out of the three. Now that's what I call a bargain.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig